Upper Carinthia Youth Congress
The first Youth Congress of Upper Carinthia will take place on 27 September at Camp Royal X in in Seeboden, under the theme "Region and economic dream of Upper Carinthia".
The alarming data on the demographic development and the problem of the growing shortage of skilled Labour Force require to involve young generations in the decision-making process. The Youth Congress of Upper Carinthia represents a first step to involve young people, together with social partners and entrepreneurs, in planning together the future scenario.
Being important the representation of a wide range of interests of the youth, different educational institutions were invited to the Congress. Many schools from Carinthia will attend the Youth Congress, with about 90 participating students who will receive a specific training prior the event.
Representatives from Local Authorities, Chamber of Commerce and economic associations will attend to the Congress. to engage in a fruitful dialogue with the participating students.
The results of the congress be publicly available. The Upper Carinthia Youth Congress is organized as part of the INCO-NET project, co-funded by the EU Interreg IV Italy-Austria programme.
Objectives of the Upper Carinthia Youth Congress:
- Raising awareness about the problems of the region
- Exploring the economic potentials of the area
- Strengthening the sense of responsibility towards the local community
- Informing about the potentials of the region as an economic and living environment
- Learning how to take into consideration vocational and educational programs related to the regional conditions and their possible effects on the region itself
- Meeting people in the field: role Models, innovative personality of entrepreneurs, opportunities for dialogue
- Learning to consider independence as an asset for future career opportunities
Development Kärnten GmbH
Völkermarkter Ring 21-23 , 9020 Klagenfurt
+43 (0 ) 463 55800 74
Brigitte temper Samhaber
ILD Regional Development Agency
3971 St. Martin, Harmanschlag 38
firstname.lastname@example.org + (0) 664 455 95 91